Gaming on all platforms
christopholous
Clan Member

Just bought this... (GB Boy Colour)

Post by christopholous » 18 Sep 2013, 04:58

Kongfeng GB Boy Colour

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBN9vs993AY
bought here

Its a cheap knockoff of the Game Boy Pocket but with a colour back-lit display. In hindsight, I probably should have bought a GB Advance SP. Goes for the same price on ebay. But I like the form factor of this better, don't care for a screen hinge or having the cartridge stick out.
Last edited by christopholous on 23 Sep 2013, 05:59, edited 2 times in total.
Kind regards,

Christopholous, [FM], Ph.D, AIMA, FCMA, ABBA, FACK
Senior Vice-President,
Associate Production Coordinating Directorial Associate Managing Departmental Divisional Office Administration, of the
International Network Amalgamation Distributors Corporation Management Organizational Association of Kermit Frogs with Golden Umbrella
christopholous@inadcmoakfgu.com

"By to be the words of a faster"

leandros
SuperAdmin

Post by leandros » 23 Sep 2013, 00:15

But why
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

christopholous
Clan Member

Re: Just bought this...

Post by christopholous » 23 Sep 2013, 02:25

To play old games with a proper back-lit screen.
Kind regards,

Senior Vice-President,
Associate Production Coordinating Directorial Associate Managing Departmental Divisional Office Administration, of the
International Network Amalgamation Distributors Corporation Management Organizational Association of Kermit Frogs with Golden Umbrella

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 23 Sep 2013, 03:33

just ordered one! found one for 20.99 DOLLAREZ, cheap as fuck and seems good and FUN :):) but probably gonna give it away as a present to any of my now (6) nephews! LOST of present. soon more with my own boi
As the others sat and played in the playroom the guy went into the sauna and shat there. The smell spread to those who played, it was a way of introducing himself the guy said.

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 23 Sep 2013, 03:34

what did you pay chris? just ask for link if anyone if you want a cheap mofo.
As the others sat and played in the playroom the guy went into the sauna and shat there. The smell spread to those who played, it was a way of introducing himself the guy said.

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 23 Sep 2013, 03:42

also more irl-info abut this one chris please! :)

christopholous
Clan Member

Re: Just bought this...

Post by christopholous » 23 Sep 2013, 05:48

Hey,

Yeah I payed 40 dollars... Can you send link for cheaper one? Edit: found it

I've been feeling all nostalgic about the good old days of video games so thats why I bought it. Also, I ended up buying 5 games on ebay... Super Mario Land, Super Mario Deluxe, F1 Race, Tetris, Mega Man. Totalling around 50 bucks after ship. I also own Warioland and Marble Madness. Now, I kind of regret buying all those 5 games on ebay because I found one that is 53 games in 1 for about the same price as those 5 games :cry:

There is also a version of gb boy circulating that has 188 games built in, but they are extremely hard to find.
Kind regards,

Senior Vice-President,

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 23 Sep 2013, 11:01

so the one i bought has no games at all? :(

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 23 Sep 2013, 11:04

and yeah thats where i bought it :)

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 25 Sep 2013, 18:58

chris!! so no games or just a couple at the start?

christopholous
Clan Member

Re: Just bought this... (GB Boy Colour)

Post by christopholous » 26 Sep 2013, 03:57

You got to buy them separate D: The place I got mine from isnt the 188 in 1 version.

I only have 2, so i bought a few more. They are really cheap and you can find them at used game stores and such. But now I might look for the 53 in 1 cartridge.
Kind regards,

Senior Vice-President,

watch
Recovering from RWI

Post by watch » 26 Sep 2013, 09:40

If you already have a smartphone you can easily buy bluetooth controllers that have stands like: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gametel-Portabl ... ds=gametel

Some good android emulators are:
MD.emu (Megadrive)
GBC.emu (Gameboy Colour)
FPse (PS1)

These all run ROMS I've played at full speed on my old Galaxy S2

I've no idea about apple, I would assume you would have to jailbreak before you can think about emulation
If you hate the obnoxious signatures goto your User Control Panel and disable signatures

christopholous
Clan Member

Post by christopholous » 27 Sep 2013, 02:06

I want to do it a more old fashioned way :)
Kind regards,

Senior Vice-President,

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 27 Sep 2013, 06:00

chris can you link me to the game pack? :)

christopholous
Clan Member

Post by christopholous » 27 Sep 2013, 06:08

ebay
Just look for "in 1 game boy"... and purchase at your own risk :lol:
I cannot speak to the quality of games that come on these cartridges. If you happen to find a better source, I'd be happy to hear. There's this one for example
Kind regards,

Senior Vice-President,

Radiance
Clan Member

Post by Radiance » 27 Sep 2013, 13:31

ah i see, for some reason i thought the games were built in :) no worries tho, have alot of friends with games, so ill just get those for a small price or buy a 150 in 1rofl or whatever, if i find one cheap enuff :)

christopholous
Clan Member

Post by christopholous » 01 Oct 2013, 07:42

Received mine today, the display is smaller than the game boy pocket, but the screen brightness and colours are excellent. Works great. Been playing Warioland on it.
Kind regards,

Senior Vice-President,

SOADxt
Clan Member

Post by SOADxt » 03 Oct 2013, 22:26

I have all roms of gameboy&gameboy color (only 1,5gb!) on my nintendo DS. Works perfect.

christopholous
Clan Member

Post by christopholous » 06 Oct 2013, 23:57

orly
Kind regards,

Senior Vice-President,